8 Questions to help you Declutter
One of the reasons homes don’t sell or don’t sell as fast or for as much is clutter. Some homes are worse than others. If you’ve been in your home for years, chances are you may have held onto something from your younger years as well as other family member’s prized and treasured possessions. You’ll find things you didn’t know you have. I’m a real estate agent, you hire me to sell your home, not devise an organization system. I think there’s a Netflix show with Maria Kondo for help with that. I’m just giving you advice to quickly and efficiently start to go through your home in order to get it ready for it’s market debut !
1. Have I used this in the last year?
2. If I were shopping right now, would I buy this?
3. Is the only thing that’s keeping me from disposing this item that I don’t want to waste money?
If it’s clothing or something in good shape that someone else could get use out of, consider donating. If you are concerned about wasting money, E-Bay may be an option.
4. Am I holding onto this for sentimental value?
This is hard one. Some items bring back memories that we want to keep. Get a box (1 box) for those items and revisit.
5. Do I have a similar item that serves the same purpose?
6. Do I have a realistic plan to use this?
7. Does it fit me or my living space?
8. Am I holding on to the broken item to fix in the future?